Toli Moli x Duende District present: COOK + BOOK, a friendly gathering on the last Wednesday of each month to learn more about cooking with Asian ingredients at home.
On January 31st, COOK + BOOK launches at Union Market with a dumpling-making class led by Pat Tanumihardja, a local food writer and Asian cookbook author. Dumplings are a universal comfort food, but many of us struggle to shape them from scratch. Pat will share her favorite dumpling-making recipes and tips for the perfect combinations for your taste.
We will roll, pinch, and fill our own dumplings, and taste some of our best work. Thanks to a partnership with Harvey's Market and Toli Moli, you'll also get a "bodega box" filled with everything you need to make your own dumplings at home!
Each month at COOK + BOOK, you'll have the opportunity to:
- purchase a book written or recommended by the chef presenter
- enjoy dynamic conversations moderated by local food entrepreneurs
- take home a "bodega box" with key ingredients from class
- meet new friends interested in Asian food, culture, and cuisine
- learn a new recipe using Asian ingredients from Toli Moli's Burmese Bodega and other Union Market businesses
In collaboration with Union Market.